- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/16 × 10 3/8 inches (20.8 × 26.4 cm), Image: 6 7/16 x 8 13/16 inches (16.3 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "5(a)"
Lettered in brown ink, upper center: "No. 6"; lower left: "G. Arnold, A · R A Delt"; lower center: "River Meuse"; lower right: "Engraved by Hy Dawe | 4 Trafalgar Row Kentish Town"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | cliffs | figures | genre subject | houses | landscape | men | poles | river | riverbanks | rowing | sampans | shore (landform) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Meuse
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Dawe, 1790–1848, British, River Meuse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.