Courtship for Money
- Additional Title(s):
Faisant amour pour l'argent
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 14 1/4 x 10 7/16 inches (36.2 x 26.5 cm), 14 x 10 1/16 inches (35.5 x 25.5 cm), and 13 x 10 1/16 inches (33 x 25.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#105"; on back, lower right: "29. c."
collector's stamp of Sir William Augustus Fraser, in black ink, lower right
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Philip Dawe invenit et fecit."; lower center: "Courtship for Money. Faisant Amour pour L'Argent. | Printed for John Bowles, at No. 13 in Cornhill."; lower right: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, Feby. 12, 1771."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag (container) | book | bow (costume accessory) | caricature | chairs | choker | coat | coins | costume | curtains | drapery | earrings | fashion | flounces | genre subject | gesture | gown | headpiece | humor | interior | jewelry | lace | love | man | moles (facial feature) | money | panels | parody | pouch | satire | smile | stripes | table | talking | wig | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Dawe, ca.1745–ca.1809, British, Courtship for Money, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.