- Bedside Scene
- ca. 1680
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 x 11 5/16 inches (35.6 x 28.7 cm) and Plate: 13 9/16 x 11 1/4 inches (34.5 x 28.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "*100"; lower right: "x"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "J. Steen pinxit"; lower right: "A. De Blois fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | bedroom | canopy | cape (outerwear) | carpet | cloak | costume | dog (animal) | drapery | drunk | genre subject | ill | illness | instruments | interior | jewelry | laughing | leisure | medical equipment | medicine | men | nude | physician | physician | pillows | plates | resting | ruff | science | shoes | smiling | table | treating | trousers | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham de Blois, active 1679–1720, Dutch, Bedside Scene, ca. 1680
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.