IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Peasants Drinking, between 1765 and 1771
- between 1765 and 1771
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 5 7/8 inches (20 x 15 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 7/16 inches (15.2 x 11.3 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 4 7/16 inches (13.9 x 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Ostade."; lower right: "Dixon | 50"; on back, lower center: "3/2 a"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowls | chairs | drinking | eating | food | genre subject | gesturing | hats | jars | men | middle-aged | peasants | pipes | sitting | smoking (activity) | standing | table | talking
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.