- between 1765 and 1771
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 5 7/8 inches (20 x 15 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 7/16 inches (15.2 x 11.3 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 4 7/16 inches (13.9 x 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Ostade."; lower right: "Dixon | 50"; on back, lower center: "3/2 a"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowls | chairs | drinking | eating | food | genre subject | gesturing | hats | jars | men | middle-aged | peasants | pipes | sitting | smoking (activity) | standing | table | talking
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Peasants Drinking, between 1765 and 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.