- A Peasant Family
- between 1765 and 1771
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 x 5 1/2 inches (18 x 14 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 1/2 inches (15.2 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 7/16 x 4 1/2 inches (13.8 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Ostade."; lower right: "Dixon"; on back, lower center: "3/2 b"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | bowl | caps | child | daughter | dolls | dresses | drinking | eating | family | father | flowers (plants) | food | genre subject | hats | house | mother | parents | peasants | playing | scarves | sitting | smiling | standing | table | toys | trellis | vines | watching | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, A Peasant Family, between 1765 and 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.