Rispah: 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 8 1/4 × 11 inches (21 × 27.9 cm) and 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "4(a)"
Lettered above image "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W. Turner Esqr. R.A. | A | Engraved by R. Dunkarton | RISPAH | 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21 | Published April 28. 1812, by J.M.W. Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alone | bodies | death | fire | hill | landscape | moon | mother | mourning | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | riverbank | sackcloth | sacrifice | skeletons | sons | torch
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Rispah: 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.