Rispah: 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 1/4 × 11 inches (21 × 27.9 cm) and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "4(a)"
Lettered above image "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W. Turner Esqr. R.A. | A | Engraved by R. Dunkarton | RISPAH | 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21 | Published April 28. 1812, by J.M.W. Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- death | fire | hill | landscape | mother | mourning | Old Testament | riverbank | sackcloth | skeletons | sons | torch
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Rispah: 2nd Book of Samuel, Chap. 21, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.