- Susanna and the Elders
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/16 x 14 3/16 inches (45.9 x 36 cm), Plate: 15 1/8 x 11 3/16 inches (38.4 x 28.4 cm), and Image: 14 5/16 x 11 3/16 inches (36.4 x 28.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "c"; lower right: "25./"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Rembrandt Pinxit"; lower center: "SUSANNA & THE ELDERS."; lower right: "R. Earlom Sculpt. | Publish'd June 12, 1769 by J. Boydell, Engraver in Cheapside London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | beards | cloth | earrings | fear | garden | gesture | jewelry | lust | men | nude | religious and mythological subject | slippers | stairs | the elders making advances towards Susanna | turbans | voyeurism | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Susanna and the Elders, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.