- Additional Title(s):
Paul the Apostle
Saul of Tarsus
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- 13 3/8 x 9 11/16 inches (34 x 24.6 cm), 12 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (32.7 x 22.6 cm), and 11 7/16 x 8 3/4 inches (29.1 x 22.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "20-18 | 288"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "419 a. III | und"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr. Ant.y Van Dyke pinxt. | Sold by Faber at ye Golden Head in Bloomsbury Square."; lettered, lower center: "Done from the Original Painting, in the Collection of the Right Honourable | John Lord Viscount Tyrconnel, Knight of the most Honble: Order of the Bath. | To whom this Plate is Humbly Dedicated by his Lordship's."; lettered, lower right: "J.Faber fecit 1741. | Obliged and most Humble Servant. | John Faber"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | cloak | man | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, St. Paul, 1741
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.