The Dairymaid's Occupation
- Additional Title(s):
A Girl with a Basket of Pats of Butter
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 13 1/8 x 9 1/8 inches (33.4 x 23.2 cm), 12 13/16 x 8 7/8 inches (32.6 x 22.5 cm), and 11 5/16 x 8 13/16 inches (28.7 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "S. 407 2 II | 267"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Ph. Mercier Pinxt."; lower center: "Rural Life."; lower right: "J. Faber fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bonnet | butter | cloth | dairymaid | domestic | genre subject | gown | mob cap | peasant | rural | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, The Dairymaid's Occupation, undated