Sta. Maria Magdelena
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paaper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 10 1/8 inches (36.1 x 25.7 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (35.3 x 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (32.9 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "350"; on back, lower right: "S. 403, aT"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "T. Hudson pinx."; lower center: "Sta. Maria Magdalena."; lower right: "Faber fecit. | Sold by I. Faber at the Green Door in ye Great Piazza Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | cross (object) | New Testament | reading | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | skull | woman
- Associated People:
Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Sta. Maria Magdelena, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.