- Boy Lighting a Candle
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 × 8 7/8 inches (32.8 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 10 1/2 x 8 3/4 inches (26.7 x 22.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "349"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Gody,, Schalcken Pinxt,, Wm,, Shipley Delint. | Sold at the Golden Head by the Church Bloomsbury Square."; lower center: "Done from the Original Painting at Altrop, in the Collection of JOHN SPENCER Esq. | To Whom this Plate is humbly Dedicated, | by His Obliged & most humble,, Servt,, | John Faber"; lower right: "J. Faber fecit 1751."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blowing | boy | candle | candleholder | chiaroscuro | child | fire | genre subject | holder | moon | night | smoke
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Boy Lighting a Candle, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.