Prodigal Son with Harlots
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 10 7/16 x 14 1/2 inches (26.5 x 36.9 cm), 9 15/16 x 13 15/16 inches (25.3 x 35.4 cm), and 9 7/16 x 13 7/8 inches (24 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Ph. Mercier pinxt."; lower center, partially cropped off: "Prodigal Son with Harlots"; lower right: "F."; in graphite, lower right: "aber"; on back, center left: "19#"; on back, lower center: "J. Faber Junr | Prodigal with Harlots"; on back, lower right: "Proof | [illegible inscriptions]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | bottles | candlestick | card table | cleaning | dining room | drinking | drunk | embrace | entertainment | food | fruit | furniture | genre subject | gesture | jugs | kissing | knives | leisure | maid | man | meal | nobility | pears | plates | playing cards | prostitutes | servant | table | wine bottles | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Prodigal Son with Harlots, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.