Vertumnus and Pomonae
- between 1690 and 1703
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 11 3/4 × 9 1/16 inches (29.8 × 23 cm) and Image: 11 x 9 1/16 inches (28 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in pen, on back, upper left: "Ehat | 6 - 663 (6)"; in graphite, upper left: "THT Cool | G F March 89 | 5/"; lower center: "333"
Lettered, lower left: "J Permentear Pinx"; lower center: "Vertumnus and Pomona | W. Faithorn fec: Cam Privilegis Regis Sold by E. Cooper at Ye 3 Pidgeons in Bedford Street"; lower right: "Sold by H Overton & J. Hool at teh White Horse without Newgate"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- courting | drapery | dress | forest | fountain | fruit | garden | garlands | genre subject | gesturing | holding | leaves | mythology | old | putti | relief | religious and mythological subject | robes | Roman deities, and foreign deities included in the classical Pantheon | sculpture | sitting | talking | urn | vase | veil | Vertumnus, in the guise of an old woman, wooing Pomona | women | wooing
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, 1656–ca. 1701, British, Vertumnus and Pomonae, between 1690 and 1703
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.