Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The Book of Thel, Plate 8, "IV. / The eternal gates . . . .", 1789
The Book of Thel, Plate 8, "IV. / The eternal gates . . . ."
- Materials & Techniques:
- Relief etching printed in brown ink, with watercolor and pen and ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 9 1/2 inches (30.5 x 24.1 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches (14 x 10.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | grass | leaf | literary theme | mythological creature | nudes | reins | reins | riding | serpent | snake | text | vines
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: