The Book of Thel, Plate 8, "IV. / The eternal gates . . . ."
- Relief etching printed in brown with pen and ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 9 1/2 inches (30.5 x 24.1 cm) and Plate: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches (14 x 10.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | grass | leaf | literary theme | mythological creature | nudes | reins | reins | riding | serpent | snake | text | vines
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 80, PR4142 .S35 2013