- Burchell Reading the Ballad
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 10 1/16 inches (36.5 x 25.5 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 9/16 inches (25.3 x 19.2 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 9/16 inches (22.3 x 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#76(?#16)"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved from an Original Drawing by Edwd Fisher. | London, Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs 20 Dec.r 1776"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ballad | buttons | coat | cravat | curls | holding | illustration | leaning | letter | literary theme | novel | oval | paper | posing | reading | The Vicar of Wakefield (1766)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Burchell Reading the Ballad, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.