Burchell Reading the Ballad
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 10 1/16 inches (36.5 x 25.5 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 9/16 inches (25.3 x 19.2 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 9/16 inches (22.3 x 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#76(?#16)"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved from an Original Drawing by Edwd Fisher. | London, Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs 20 Dec.r 1776"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ballad | buttons | coat | cravat | curls | holding | illustration | leaning | letter | literary theme | novel | oval | paper | posing | reading | The Vicar of Wakefield (1766)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Burchell Reading the Ballad, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.