- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 11 9/16 inches (44.2 x 29.3 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 9/16 inches (25.2 x 19.2 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 9/16 inches (22.3 x 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#17"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved from an Original Drawing by yEdward Fisher. | CLARA. | London, Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett, No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs 2 May 1777"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bodice | columns | corset | cross (motif) | curls | gaze | illustration | lace | literary theme | necklace | novel | posing | ribbons | ruffs | The Vicar of Wakefield (1766) | undressing | veil | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.