- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 11 9/16 inches (44.2 x 29.3 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 9/16 inches (25.2 x 19.2 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 9/16 inches (22.3 x 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#17"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved from an Original Drawing by yEdward Fisher. | CLARA. | London, Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett, No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs 2 May 1777"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bodice | columns | corset | cross (motif) | curls | gaze | illustration | lace | literary theme | necklace | novel | posing | ribbons | ruffs | The Vicar of Wakefield (1766) | undressing | veil | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.