- George Primrose
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 3/8 inches (36.8 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 1/2 inches (25.3 x 19.1 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (22.2 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#68"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved from an Original Drawing of Edwd Fisher. | LONDON, Printed for R SAYER & J BENNETT no 53 Flee Street; as the Act directs, 11th Feby 1777"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | coat | cravat | cuffs | curls | epaulettes | gesturing | illustration | lace | literary theme | oval | posing | tassels | The Vicar of Wakefield (1766) | vest | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, George Primrose, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.