- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/16 x 7 3/8 inches (23.9 x 18.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 6 7/8 inches (23.2 x 17.5 cm), and Image: 8 1/8 x 6 7/8 inches (20.7 x 17.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "no 24"; on back, lower left: "v+"; on back, lower center: "263B."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "R. B. p. J. Gole fec: et exc: cum Privilegio Amstelodami."; lower center: "Wyl dat schoone Klaar met droge Sander, | Het wyntje lurken met malkander, | Moy niesje soo met Eelhart malt, | Dat Sy plat achter overvalt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | dresses | drinking | fireplace | food | genre subject | gesture | hats | interior | leisure | love | lovers | men | pleasure | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.