The Dutch School
- Additional Title(s):
Schoolmaster and Children
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (25.1 × 19 cm), Image: 9 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (25.1 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "401"; on back, lower right: "also by Beckett | reversed"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "HKerk p."; within image, lower right: "J. Gole E. et excudit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | bench | boys | caps | chair | children | classroom | crying | desk | education | genre subject | girls | ink | interior | lamp | man | papers | quill | reading | ruff | school | students | teacher
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, The Dutch School, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.