Une espée percera ta propre ame
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 8 5/16 inches (29.2 x 21.1 cm), Plate: 10 9/16 x 7 1/2 inches (26.9 x 19 cm), and Image: 9 11/16 x 7 1/2 inches (24.6 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "7"; in brown ink, on back, center right: "00_10"; in blue crayon, on back, lower left: "152"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "65 [...] 1511"; on back, lower center: "380 | 380 (crossed out)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. Gole fec: et exc: Amstel: cum Privil:"; lower center: "Une espée percera ta propre ame. | S. Luc. Chap: 2. V. 35."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | crown of thorns | mourning | New Testament | praying | religious and mythological subject | robes | sandals | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Une espée percera ta propre ame, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.