Le Tombaux de Marie Magdeleine
- Additional Title(s):
The Tomb of Mary Magdalene
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 9 5/16 × 7 1/4 inches (23.7 × 18.4 cm) and Image: 8 9/16 x 7 3/16 inches (21.8 x 18.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "404"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "I. Gole fecit et Exc:"; lower center: "Le Tombaux de Marie Magdeleine | Mourons au Monde pendant la Vie | Pour Vivre avec Jesus apres la Mort"; lower right: "cum Privil Amstelodami"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | cave | column (architectural element) | death | men | mourning | pillar | relief | religious and mythological subject | sarcophagus | skulls | stairs | tomb | vines | women
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Le Tombaux de Marie Magdeleine, 1690s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.