Le Tombaux de Marie Magdeleine
- Additional Title(s):
The Tomb of Mary Magdalene
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 7 1/4 inches (23.7 × 18.4 cm), Image: 8 9/16 x 7 3/16 inches (21.8 x 18.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "404"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "I. Gole fecit et Exc:"; lower center: "Le Tombaux de Marie Magdeleine | Mourons au Monde pendant la Vie | Pour Vivre avec Jesus apres la Mort"; lower right: "cum Privil Amstelodami"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | cave | column (architectural element) | death | men | mourning | pillar | relief | religious and mythological subject | sarcophagus | skulls | stairs | tomb | vines | women
- Associated People:
Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Le Tombaux de Marie Magdeleine, 1690s