Lady with a Fan
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 7 5/8 inches (26.2 x 19.3 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 1/16 inches (24.8 x 18 cm), and Image: 9 3/8 x 7 1/16 inches (23.8 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in orange ink, lower left: "Gotofridus Schalken inv."; in graphite, lower center: "[...]tinck(?)"; lower right: "J. Gole fec et exc"; on back, lower left: "k | [...] | /D/a | 1200/"; on back, lower center: "406"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | balustrade | columns | curtain | drapery | earrings | fan | genre subject | gown | pillars | rose (flower) | shielding | urn | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Lady with a Fan, 1690s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.