IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Lady with a Fan, 1690s
Lady with a Fan
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 7 5/8 inches (26.2 x 19.3 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 1/16 inches (24.8 x 18 cm), Image: 9 3/8 x 7 1/16 inches (23.8 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in orange ink, lower left: "Gotofridus Schalken inv."; in graphite, lower center: "[...]tinck(?)"; lower right: "J. Gole fec et exc"; on back, lower left: "k | [...] | /D/a | 1200/"; on back, lower center: "406"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | balustrade | columns | curtain | drapery | earrings | fan | genre subject | gown | pillars | rose (flower) | shielding | urn | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fancy Pieces - Genre Mezzotints by Robert Robinson & His Contemporaries (Yale Center for British Art, 1994-11-19 - 1995-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.