Venus and Cupid
- ca. 1768
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 x 12 15/16 inches (44.4 x 32.9 cm), Plate: 15 3/8 x 11 1/8 inches (39 x 28.3 cm), and Image: 13 1/2 x 11 inches (34.3 x 28 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Venus and Cupid."; lower right: "1768."; on back, lower left: "D. g. Lt."; on back, lower center: "vide Brandes Catalogue d'Estampes | tom 2d pag. 523. H[...] 4. | #124"; on back, lower right: "V. 100."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Ls. FD RL VAR. | GF A."; lower right: "Greenwood. ft."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braids | child | god | goddess | landscape | mother | religious and mythological subject | ruins | son | trees | Venus suckling Cupid | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Greenwood, 1727–1792, American, active in Britain (from 1763), Venus and Cupid, ca. 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.