- The Young Musicians
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 × 10 7/8 inches (40.3 × 27.6 cm) and Image: 14 1/2 x 10 7/8 inches (36.8 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#84"
Lettered, lower left: "Schalcken Pinx,,t"; lower center: "The YOUNG MUSICIANS.~ | From the Original Picture of the same size, Painted by Scalcken, in the Collection of | John Darker Esq,,r~ | Published by J. Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London, 1764."; lower right: "Joh. Godfrid Haid Fec"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | boys | candles | children | drums (membranophones) | evening | feathers | flute | genre subject | girls | harmonica | hats | instruments | laughing | light | mother | music | musicians | night | playing | sleeves | smiling | streets | tambourine | woman | youth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Gottfried Haid, 1704–1767, German, active in Britain, The Young Musicians, 1764
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.