- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 inches (35.6 × 25.4 cm), Image: 12 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (31.8 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "139 TT"
Lettered below image: "Ph. Mercier Pinx.t | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament: Jan.y 1758. | Rich.d Houston fecit. | NOON | Now Dress and Ornament, the Female's Pride, | No longer can their powerfull Ingluence hide | The Toilet now nd Glass exert their Arts; | What less the Conquest, than a thousand Hearts. | London, Printed for Rob.t Sayer opposite Fetter Lane Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject | mirror
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Houston, ca. 1721–1775, British, Noon, 1758