A Bacchanian Scene
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 5 1/2 inches (18.7 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#220"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "I.s.u."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Johan Ulrich KrausLe [...] 334 | [...] 1645-1719"
Lettered, lower right: "Joann Ulrich Kraus fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bacchanalia | columns | dancing | horns | lust | men | nudes | party | reclining | religious and mythological subject | satyrs | tambourine | trees | vines | women | wreaths
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Ulrich Kraus, 1655–1719, German, A Bacchanian Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.