IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Nativity, undated
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/16 × 3 7/16 inches (13.5 × 8.7 cm), Image: 5 1/16 × 3 3/8 inches (12.9 × 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "245D"
Lettered, lower left: "Warner delin:"; lettered, lower center: "B.Lens fec:"; lettered, lower right: "C.P.R.E. Cooper exc:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adoration of the Christ-child by the shepherds; Mary and Joseph present | baby | birds | birth | Christianity | cloth | cow | donkeys | halo | manger | New Testament | praying | religious and mythological subject | shepherds | staff | swaddling cloths | worship
- Associated People:
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.