- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 6 5/16 × 7 3/4 inches (16 × 19.7 cm) and Image: 5 5/8 × 7 3/16 inches (14.3 × 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Died about 1741"; inscribed in graphite, veso, center left: "261B"
Lettered, lower center: "Narcissus"; lettered, lower right: "B.Lens fecit et exc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | beauty | bows | cupids | deer | dog | forest | gazing | kneeling | nude | pool | reflection | religious and mythological subject | riverbank | vanity | water | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Narcissus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.