Ulysses and Circes
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 9 3/4 × 12 11/16 inches (24.8 × 32.2 cm) and Image: 9 1/2 × 12 11/16 inches (24.1 × 32.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#304"
Lettered, lower left: "Hannibal Carrats in."; lettered, lower center: "Ulyssis & Circe London Sold by E. Cooper Cum Privilegio Regis."; lettered, lower right: "B.Lens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dish | garlands | god | goddess | headdress | helmets | herb | love | magic | protection | religious and mythological subject | romance | sculpture | spear | wand
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Ulysses and Circes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.