IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Pomona - The Goddess of Orchards, undated
Pomona - The Goddess of Orchards
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 13/16 × 10 1/4 inches (35.1 × 26 cm), Plate: 13 5/16 × 9 3/4 inches (33.8 × 24.8 cm), Image: 12 13/16 × 9 11/16 inches (32.5 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "2. #303"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D"
Lettered, lower left: "Rotenhamer Pinx."; lettered, lower center: "Pomona the Goddess of Orchards"; lettered, lower right: "B.Lens Fe | Sold by John Bowlesopposite is Stocks Market & Mercers Hallen Cheapside."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | baskets | children | fruit | goddess | gourds | grapes | harvest | holding | men | nymphs | orchard | pumpkin | religious and mythological subject | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.