Pomona - The Goddess of Orchards
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 13/16 × 10 1/4 inches (35.1 × 26 cm), Plate: 13 5/16 × 9 3/4 inches (33.8 × 24.8 cm), and Image: 12 13/16 × 9 11/16 inches (32.5 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "2. #303"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D"
Lettered, lower left: "Rotenhamer Pinx."; lettered, lower center: "Pomona the Goddess of Orchards"; lettered, lower right: "B.Lens Fe | Sold by John Bowlesopposite is Stocks Market & Mercers Hallen Cheapside."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | baskets | children | fruit | goddess | gourds | grapes | harvest | holding | men | nymphs | orchard | pumpkin | religious and mythological subject | trees
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Pomona - The Goddess of Orchards, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.