- Diana and Acteon
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 13/16 × 9 3/4 inches (35.1 × 24.8 cm) and Image: 13 × 9 3/4 inches (33 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "280"
Lettered, lower left, J. Vander Vaart Pinx."; lettered , lower center: "Acteon and Diana."; lettered, lower right: "B. Lens Fe t J. Cooper Excud."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anger | bathing | branches | cliffs | forest | goddess | houses | man | nudes | nymphs | pointing | privacy | religious and mythological subject | river | spying | waterfall
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Diana and Acteon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.