The Holy Family
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 × 7 15/16 inches (29.7 × 20.2 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 × 7 3/4 inches (29.1 × 19.7 cm), and Image: 10 15/16 × 7 3/4 inches (27.8 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Lens | 373"; inscribed in red crayon, lower left: "3554"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "4308"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "1079"; inscribed in blue graphite, lower left: "Lenes[...]"
Lettered, lower right: "Sold by E d. Cooper at the 3 Pidgins in Bedford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | child | Christianity | cross (object) | family | Holy Family with John the Baptist (as child) | John the Baptist; possible attributes: book, reed cross, baptismal cup, honeycomb, lamb, staff - early life of male saint | lamb | palm tree | reed | religious and mythological subject | saints | trees | veils
- Associated People:
Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
St. John the Baptist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Holy Family, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.