Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Children's Bacchanal, 1680-1690s
- Additional Title(s):
Young Satyrs with a Goat
- Mezzotint, proof before inscriptions on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 11 3/8 × 7 3/4 inches (28.9 × 19.7 cm) and Image: 10 5/8 × 7 3/4 inches (27 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Lens | 374"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | carrying | cherub | children's bacchanal | climbing | cloud | crown | dance | foliage | goat | god | grapes | hornpipe | infant | kneeling | leaf | leash | mountain | niche | nude | nymph | putto | reaching | religious and mythological subject | ritual | satyr | sitting | statue | steps | tambourine | temple | tree | vine | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.