- Children's Bacchanal
- Mezzotint, proof before inscriptions on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 7 3/4 inches (28.9 × 19.7 cm) and Image: 10 5/8 × 7 3/4 inches (27 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Lens | 374"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | carrying | cherub | children's bacchanal | climbing | cloud | crown | dance | foliage | goat | god | grapes | hornpipe | infant | kneeling | leaf | leash | mountain | niche | nude | nymph | putto | reaching | religious and mythological subject | ritual | satyr | sitting | statue | steps | tambourine | temple | tree | vine | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Children's Bacchanal, 1680-1690s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.