Virgin, Child and St. John
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 6 3/8 × 5 1/8 inches (16.2 × 13 cm) and Image: 6 × 5 inches (15.2 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper right: "L.B."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "B Lens 262a | proof?"
Lettered, lower left: "E Cooper Ec."
Signed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper right: L.B.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- babies | Christianity | cloth | curls | family | holding | mother | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | saints | sitting | trees | veil
- Associated People:
The Virgin Mary
Saint John the Baptist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Virgin, Child and St. John, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.