Virgin, Child and St. John
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Nude Figure Sketches
- Mezzotint; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 5 1/8 inches (16.2 × 13 cm), Image: 6 × 5 inches (15.2 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "B Lens | 262a | proof?"
Collector's mark, verso: John Barnard (Lugt 1420)
Lettered, lower left: "E Cooper Ec."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- babies | Christianity | cloth | curls | family | holding | mother | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | saints | sitting | trees | veil
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
Saint John the Baptist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens II, 1659–1725, British, Virgin, Child and St. John, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.