Tobit and the Angel
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 13 inches (26 × 33 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 5/16 inches (25.1 × 31.3 cm), Image: 9 9/16 × 12 1/4 inches (24.3 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "2"
Lettered, lower left: "S. Pinas pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "Tobit and the Angel. Printed & Sold by John King at | the Globe in the Poultry London."; lettered, lower right: "B.Lens fec. et exc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | Christianity | dog | fish | healing | instruction | journey | Judaism | landscape | men | Old Testament | path | religious and mythological subject | river | son | staffs | tunic
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens II, 1659–1725, British, Tobit and the Angel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.