Madonna, Child, and Angel
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 × 7 1/8 inches (23 × 18.1 cm) and Plate: 8 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (21.3 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Virg Child & Angel"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "221B."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "-finished"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Plate reduced"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | basket | Christianity | comfort | gathering | mother | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Madonna, Child, and Angel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.