Susanna and the Elders
- Former Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 × 10 3/16 inches (34.1 × 25.9 cm), Image: 13 1/16 × 10 3/16 inches (33.2 × 25.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "G. De Ryck"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "B. Lens"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#28"
Lettered, lower center: "Susanna"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basin | bathing | braid | cherubs | Christianity | cloth | danger | dolphin ~ ornament | elders | fountain | Judaism | lust | nude | plinth | privacy | religious and mythological subject | sculpture | spying | urn | water | wife | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens II, 1659–1725, British, Susanna and the Elders, 1690s