IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Cupid and Psyche, undated
Cupid and Psyche
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 × 13 1/16 inches (24.9 × 33.2 cm), Image: 9 9/16 × 13 1/16 inches (24.3 × 33.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "#31"
Lettered, lower left: "An: van Dyke Eques pinx"; lettered, lower center: "Cupid and Psyches"; lettered, lower right: "B Lens fe: E.Cooper ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | beauty | bow | box | god | goddess | love | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rescue | river | sleeping | story of Cupid and Psyche (Apuleius, 'Metamorphoses' (Golden Ass) IV 28 - VI 25) | wife | wings | youth
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.