Cupid and Psyche
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 9 13/16 × 13 3/16 inches (24.9 × 33.5 cm) and 9 9/16 × 13 1/8 inches (24.3 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#29"
Lettered, lower left: "An van Dyke Eques pinx"; lettered, lower center: "Cupid and Psyches"; lettered, lower right: "B Lens fe: | Printed for John Bowles & Son, at the Black Horse in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | beauty | bow | box | god | goddess | love | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rescue | river | sleeping | story of Cupid and Psyche (Apuleius, 'Metamorphoses' (Golden Ass) IV 28 - VI 25) | wife | wings
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Cupid and Psyche, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.