IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Acteon and Diana, undated
Acteon and Diana
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 × 10 1/16 inches (35.7 × 25.6 cm), Image: 13 1/16 × 9 7/8 inches (33.2 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Diana & Acteon | by Lens"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "279"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anger | bathing | branches | cities | cliffs | forest | goddess | houses | man | Nature | nudes | nymphs | pointing | privacy | religious and mythological subject | river | rock | spying | virgin | watching | waterfall
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.