- B.V. Maria Mater Jesu
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/16 × 9 1/4 inches (33.8 × 23.5 cm) and Plate: 10 × 7 3/16 inches (25.4 × 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "130B"
Lettered lower center: "B.V.MARIA MATER JESU | Christi Domini nostri | dicit ministris | Quodcunque dixerit vobis. facite. | [...] was Er (mein Sohn) euch sagen wird, dak | [shut] Joh.2.."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Cartouche | Christianity | flowers | Gospels | halo | religious and mythological subject | saint | veil
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elias Nessenthaler, 1664–1714, B.V. Maria Mater Jesu, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.