IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Elias Nessenthaler, 1664–1714, S. Simon, undated
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 × 9 5/16 inches (34.4 × 23.7 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 × 7 5/16 inches (25.2 × 18.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "135B"
Lettered, lower center: "X | S SIMON von Chana. | Dak Himelreich ist nahee herber komen | Matth. X 7"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Cartouche | Christianity | cloak | Gospels | martyr | New Testament | parchment | religious and mythological subject | saw
- Associated People:
- St. Simon
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.