Judith with the Head of Holofernes
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 9 1/8 × 6 13/16 inches (23.2 × 17.3 cm) and Image: 8 5/8 × 6 5/8 inches (21.9 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Antony Joseph Prenner | Vienna 1698-1761 | (2); inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "a"
Lettered, lower left: "ALT.36.LAT.30.vnc."; lettered, lower center: "Venetiano PINXIT"; lettered, lower right: "V. Prennee.inc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- candle | Christianity | earring | elder | head | heroine | Judaism | murder | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | sack | servant | turban
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anton Joseph von Prenner, 1683–1761, Austrian, Judith with the Head of Holofernes, 1728
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.