David with the Head of Goliath
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 9 3/4 inches (19.7 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "2"
Lettered, lower left: "W. Vaillant faeit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Christianity | David with Goliath's head | faith | giants (mythological beings) | head | Judaism | Old Testament | power | religious and mythological subject | rope | sack | sword | tunic | youth
- Associated People:
David, biblical king of Israel
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wallerant Vaillant, 1623–1677, Dutch, David with the Head of Goliath, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.