IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Bennet Langton, 1809
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 7 13/16 inches (26.7 × 19.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "2/16"
Lettering, lower left: "Geg Dance delt April 26, 1798"; lower center: "Bennet Langon. | Published by Willm. Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street Fitzroy Square London Feb1st 1809"; lower right: "Wm. Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | cravat | man | portrait | posing | professor | profile | scholar
- Associated People:
- Langton, Bennet (bap. 1736 - d. 1801), friend of Samuel Johnson
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.