- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 10 1/2 x 7 13/16 inches (26.7 x 19.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "2/16"
Lettering, lower left: "Geg Dance delt April 26, 1798"; lower center: "Bennet Langon. | Published by Willm. Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street Fitzroy Square London Feb1st 1809"; lower right: "Wm. Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | cravat | man | portrait | posing | professor | profile | scholar
- Associated People:
- Langton, Bennet (bap. 1736 - d. 1801), friend of Samuel Johnson
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Bennet Langton, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.