- Materials & Techniques:
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 9 1/2 inches (32.2 x 24.2 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 x 8 1/4 inches (27.6 x 21 cm), Image: 9 1/16 x 5 7/8 inches (23 x 15 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "A160"
Lettered, lower left: "G Dance R.A. Delt Octr 12 1793"; lower center: "John Hoole | Published by WIllm Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, Augst 15, 1810"; lower right: "Wm Daniell sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | man | portrait | posing | profile | scholar | translator
- Associated People:
- Hoole, John (1727–1803), translator
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, John Hoole, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.