Sir John Hawkins
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 × 5 5/16 inches (18 × 13.5 cm), Image: 4 1/2 × 3 3/4 inches (11.4 × 9.5 cm)
Lettered, center left under image: "S. Harding del.t"; center under image: "Pub.d Sept.7, 1794. by E & S Harding, Pall Mall."; center right under image: "R. Clamp sculp.t"; lower center: "SIR JOHN HAWKINS. | From an Original Picture by J. Roberts, in the Music School, Oxford."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | buttons | coat | collar | curls | drapery | gaze | ink | lace | lawyer | man | musician | nobleman | portrait | posing | quill | scholar | wig
- Associated Places:
- Oxford | University of Oxford
- Associated People:
- Hawkins, Sir John (1719–1789), music scholar and lawyer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.