David Garrick, Esq.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper, laid on mount
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 3 7/16 inches (15.9 × 8.7 cm), Image: 5 × 3 inches (12.7 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "4"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower center, in tablet: "DAVID | GARRICK | ESQ:"; lower left: "N. Dance pinx."; lower center: "Done from an original Picture in the possession of | the Rt,, Honble,, Lord Mansfield. | LONDON. Decr. 1st. 1773 Publish'd according to Act of Parliament for J. Bell Strand."; lower right: "J. Hall sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | cravat | man | mask | nude | oval | portrait | putti | ruffles | sword | tablet | theater (discipline)
- Associated People:
- Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Hall, 1739–1797, British, David Garrick, Esq, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.