David Garrick, Esq.
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper, laid on mount
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 1/4 x 3 7/16 inches (15.9 x 8.7 cm) and Image: 5 x 3 inches (12.7 x 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "4"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower center, in tablet: "DAVID | GARRICK | ESQ:"; lower left: "N. Dance pinx."; lower center: "Done from an original Picture in the possession of | the Rt,, Honble,, Lord Mansfield. | LONDON. Decr. 1st. 1773 Publish'd according to Act of Parliament for J. Bell Strand."; lower right: "J. Hall sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | cravat | man | mask | nude | oval | portrait | putti | ruffles | sword | tablet | theater (discipline)
- Associated People:
- Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Hall, 1739–1797, British, David Garrick, Esq, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.