Henry Home, Lord Kames
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 7 1/16 x 4 13/16 inches (18 x 12.3 cm) and Image: 5 5/16 x 4 7/16 inches (13.5 x 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Mii.372"
Lettered, lower left: "D. Martin."; lower center: "HENRY HONE. | LORD KAMES."; lower right: "S. Freeman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | chair | cravat | judge | lawyer | mantle | nobleman | portrait | robe | robes, open | scarf | wig | writer
- Associated People:
- Home, Henry, Lord Kames (1696–1782), judge and writer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, Henry Home, Lord Kames, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.