Henry Home, Lord Kames
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 7 1/16 × 4 13/16 inches (18 × 12.3 cm) and 5 5/16 × 4 7/16 inches (13.5 × 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Mii.372"
Lettered, lower left: "D. Martin."; lower center: "HENRY HONE. | LORD KAMES."; lower right: "S. Freeman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | chair | cravat | gaze | judge | lawyer | mantle | nobleman | portrait | posing | robe | robes, open | scarf | smiling | wig | writer
- Associated People:
- Home, Henry, Lord Kames (1696–1782), judge and writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, Henry Home, Lord Kames, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.