IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Montagu, 1792
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper set in mount
- Mount: 12 5/8 x 9 7/16 inches (32 x 24 cm), Sheet: 7 5/16 x 5 5/8 inches (18.5 x 14.3 cm), Image: 4 3/4 x 3 7/8 inches (12.1 x 9.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left, on mount: "Li. 87"
Lettered, upper left: "148"; lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "Mrs, Montagu. | London Pub'd. Jany. 1st. 1792. by F.Harding Fleet Street"; lettered lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Esq. R. A. Sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | bow (costume accessory) | brocade | cap (headgear) | column (architectural element) | costume | curtain | drapery | dress | earrings | floral patterns | jewelry | pillar | portrait | profile | woman
- Associated People:
- Montagu [née Robinson], Elizabeth (1718–1800), author and literary hostess
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.